Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kenya: Re-union in June 2010!


In June this year the Kenyan cohort members will be re-uniting for the first time since graduation. It will be an exciting moment to catch up and to get feedback on the research progress. Specific dates and venues will be communicated to all participants soon.


In February this year, during interviews, members left encouraging messages for friends and colleagues. This is what some of the cohort members had to say:


I want to encourage research members to continue supporting the study. Joaninah Miriti

Hi to all cohort colleagues and hope I will see you soon, I wish you all the best in life. Joyce Nyiro

I want to tell all colleagues to stay hopeful, there are many opportunities open for them as nurses. Elizabeth Kasila

I love you all and pray for you to succeed in life. Robert K. Matuku

I wish all colleagues well as they look for jobs. Catherine Mwaniki

Hello! class of 2005 Nairobi MTC. Rose Muriuki

Hi all colleagues. Guyo Shukri

Work hard and know that every day is a fresh chance to do something much better. Keep the nursing fire of providing better health care for all burning. Christine Njuguna

Nursing is hard work but it is also a passion. Mercy Njoki Karanja

I wish all colleagues and classmate well in life. Life outside is tough but we will make it. Ann Mutana

To all fellow nurses work hard and remember to apply for better jobs. Simon Masombo

I wish all colleagues God’s blessing and successful 2010. Christine Aritho

Don’t fear the hardship areas; it is not bad as you think. I will welcome you in Garissa anytime. Lucy Kamina

Wish all colleagues a happy new year and to thank God for seeing them through their studies till they graduated. Continue trusting in God. Anne King'ori

Wish all colleagues well in all their life endeavors. Luke Mathai

I encourage you nurses to continue strengthening the nursing field. Gaudencia Onyango

Hello to all colleagues who took part in the research and I encourage the research coordinators not to give up for something positive will come out of all whole exercise. Mildah Kiriinyah

Congratulation colleagues for your participation in the research and hope at the end of it all it will be beneficial to all. Cecilia Kagunyi

Keep up the nursing spirit. Symon Khaleha Shitemi

Hi to all colleagues. Juster Kathambi Murangiri

Colleagues, go back to school and upgrade yourselves. Racheal Gakii Ananga

I wish all colleagues all the best in whatever they are doing. Gladys Murianki

I encourage you my friends to work hard in life. Maurine Wairimu Kuria

I encourage all my colleagues to work hard and to work for the benefit of the patient because they are advocates of the patients. Moses Wekesa

Work hard in whatever you are doing. Mary Kagendo Mwirichia

Hi colleagues. Eva Nyaga

Hi colleagues. Magdaline Muli

Do not to stop reading because things are changing. Faith Wairimu Kamau

Continue working hard in the nursing profession to boost the health standards. Rose Waithira Mburu

I encourage my colleagues to continue with proper nursing care. Mohamed Waiyaki

I encourage them to work hard in their career and that gratification comes when least expected. Nicholson Kithuka

I wishes colleagues all the best in their workplaces. Abel Arumba

Do not to mind the hardships in your areas of work. Maxwell Wakarindi

Work hard and give quality care to the patients. Rebecca Mbogori

Nothing is done in vain and that all nurses should work for the patient wholly and God will bless them. Rose Wang'ang'a

I encourage colleagues to visit the cohort website frequently and learn new things to stay in touch. Holdia Kariuki

I encourage colleagues to keep connected and updated through the cohort website. James Kamau

Keep communicating and keep in touch. Ibrahim Ngari

I encourage colleagues to log in the cohort website and get updated. Peter K. Muiruri

People should work with all their heart because the profession is quiet tricky. Nancy Muskoyo

I wish my colleagues good health and success in everything and tell them to always pray to God for he is the provider of everything. Anne Angimah

Work hard to achieve whatever you aspire to achieve. Do not limit yourself. Emily Ayanga

Hope for the best in everything you do. Emanuel Ng'etich

Continue visiting the cohort website and contributing to the research program. Kipkoech Rutto Edwin

Work hard and love the nursing profession. Emmanuel Sigei

Working with the community especially in rural areas is the best because you get to deal with the people’s problems and advice them and get to know what issues directly affect their health. Jacinta Karimi



On behalf of the Kenya research team, we thank you all for your cooperation in this study. If you have specific questions for the research team, you can send an email to: cohortstudy@nairobi.kemri-wellcome.org










No comments: